[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:33:59 CET 2009

> > Was this still needed with the drivers compiled in?  I was hoping that
> the
> > reason the heap was too small was because so many devices had to be
> > allocated.  At some point in the future we might want to make devices
> take
> > up less RAM.  1092 bytes (0x444) seems like a lot, especially as we want
> > put fewer devices explicitly in the device tree, and more will need to
> be
> > dynamically allocated.
>
> Yes it was needed. Otherwise it would not boot.
>
> free_mem_ptr started at 140000
> end was 147770
>
> Like ~31KB total comparing the ptrs from bootlog start/end.
I should have looked at the total and the old value.  You're right.

> What about the failover? Remove? Fix? Ideas?
Unfortunately I don't have a clear sense of the failover plans for Kconfig
builds.  I think we should at least remove it in the case of a Kconfig
build.  I hope the old build way doesn't live long enough to justify fixing
it.

Thanks,
Myles