[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 23:12:27 CET 2009

> Knut please juts save the .config and do
> make distclean
> restore the .config
> make
>
> eventually there can be one more hidden file .xcompile or something which
> did
> smth wrong to the build too.
I should probably change that back.  It was giving me problems before, so I
made it so that .xcompile was only removed on distclean.  It probably makes
more sense to have it erased on make clean.

> Myles, Acking your patch here.
>
> Acked-by: Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz>
Thanks for testing and committing it.

> Commited with:
>
> +config HEAP_SIZE
> +	hex
> +	default 0x40000
> +	depends on BOARD_ASUS_A8V_E_SE
> +
Was this still needed with the drivers compiled in?  I was hoping that the
reason the heap was too small was because so many devices had to be
allocated.  At some point in the future we might want to make devices take
up less RAM.  1092 bytes (0x444) seems like a lot, especially as we want to
put fewer devices explicitly in the device tree, and more will need to be
dynamically allocated.

PCI: 00:00.0 [1106/0238] enabled
malloc Enter, size 1092, free_mem_ptr 00138000
PCI: 00:00.1 [1106/1238] enabled
malloc Enter, size 1092, free_mem_ptr 00138444
PCI: 00:00.2 [1106/2238] enabled
malloc Enter, size 1092, free_mem_ptr 00138888
PCI: 00:00.3 [1106/3238] enabled
malloc Enter, size 1092, free_mem_ptr 00138ccc

Thanks,
Myles