[coreboot] Boot time of coreboot on MSM800SEV

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Dec 17 10:00:49 CET 2009

Piotr Piwko wrote:
> I would like to know how much time it takes to boot a bootloader
> (ex. GRUB)? Have you ever measured this factor on MSM800SEV
> platform?

Not on that exact platform, as far as I know.

Recently Kevin O'Connor made some measurements on a VIA C7 based
board, and came to a point where power sequencing on the mainboard
was more than 50% of the time from power on to bootloader, IIRC he
reached 450ms.

I have measured slightly longer time, about 600ms, on another Geode
LX800 board (ALIX.1C) which might be explained by the fact that Geode
requires more initialization than C7.

In any case, it should be less than one second.

//Peter