[coreboot] More SeaBIOS timings

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:08:24 CET 2009

What's interesting about your 750ms is that it meets the requirement I saw
at a FOSDEM talk that the boot time needed for an auto computer was 800ms,
so that users could see blinky lights in less than one second. You're
showing very impressive performance here for an x86.

You've also raised the bar again for proprietary bios -- they've been pretty
boastful lately of hitting the 5 second or so mark, and you're showing we're
still way faster. Plus, most of the time, we've found the proprietary BIOS
vendors are being very creative in their timing claims :-)

Really great work!

ron