[coreboot] Problems porting H8dmr_fam10 to H8qme-2+

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:53:52 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Knut Kujat <knuku at gap.upv.es> wrote:

>  Myles Watson escribió:
>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Knut Kujat <knuku at gap.upv.es> wrote:
>

>> but I haven't changed anything but inserting some printk_spew into "void
>> dev_initialize(void)" to see where exactly jumps the exception out.
>>
> Did you try increasing the stack size?  When you inserted the printk
> statements, were there any warnings about format strings not matching the
> number of arguments?  Have you tried disabling the siblings yet?
>
> Thanks,
> Myles
>

> Hello,
>
> yes increasing stack size helped with the printks.

How big did you make it?  Try making it bigger until it doesn't make a
difference any more.

> And yes I tried to disable siblings by adding uses
> CONFIG_LOGICAL_PROCESSORS and default CONFIG_LOGICAL_PROCESSORS=0 to the
> Options.lb file but it complains at building time that this options is
> unkown so I uses LOGICAL_CPUS instead (is it the same?) without results.

You found the right one.  Sorry I steered you wrong.  All the processors get
initialized even with CONFIG_LOGICAL_CPUS=0?  That's not good.

> Now I know that the the exception comes up in the corresponding init(dev)
> for the PCI: 00:02.0 device. So I disabled PCI 2.0 in the device tree and it
> just doesn't has any effect even it tells me that PCI 2.0 enabled 0 at boot
> times, it stucks at the same place.

I don't think the init function is the problem.  It's more likely that
something is going wrong much earlier, and just catches up to you there.  I
would leave the device enabled.

Thanks,
Myles