[coreboot] Problems porting H8dmr_fam10 to H8qme-2+

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Tue Dec 22 10:25:06 CET 2009

Myles Watson escribió:

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Knut Kujat <knuku at gap.upv.es
> <mailto:knuku at gap.upv.es>> wrote:
>
>     Myles Watson escribió:
>>

>>     On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Knut Kujat <knuku at gap.upv.es
>>     <mailto:knuku at gap.upv.es>> wrote:
>>

>>         but I haven't changed anything but inserting some printk_spew
>>         into "void dev_initialize(void)" to see where exactly jumps
>>         the exception out.
>>
>>     Did you try increasing the stack size?  When you inserted the
>>     printk statements, were there any warnings about format strings
>>     not matching the number of arguments?  Have you tried disabling
>>     the siblings yet?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Myles
>>

>     Hello,
>
>     yes increasing stack size helped with the printks.
>
> How big did you make it?  Try making it bigger until it doesn't make a
> difference any more.
>

>     And yes I tried to disable siblings by adding uses
>     CONFIG_LOGICAL_PROCESSORS and default CONFIG_LOGICAL_PROCESSORS=0
>     to the Options.lb file but it complains at building time that this
>     options is unkown so I uses LOGICAL_CPUS instead (is it the same?)
>     without results.
>
> You found the right one.  Sorry I steered you wrong.  All the
> processors get initialized even with CONFIG_LOGICAL_CPUS=0?  That's
> not good.
>

>     Now I know that the the exception comes up in the corresponding
>     init(dev) for the PCI: 00:02.0 device. So I disabled PCI 2.0 in
>     the device tree and it just doesn't has any effect even it tells
>     me that PCI 2.0 enabled 0 at boot times, it stucks at the same place.
>
> I don't think the init function is the problem.  It's more likely that
> something is going wrong much earlier, and just catches up to you
> there.  I would leave the device enabled.
>
> Thanks,
> Myles

Morning,

stack_size = 0x4000 and seems to work fine.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself, changing CONFIG_LOGICAL_CPUS to 0 made
the compile process fail in northbridge.c so I had to change it back.
Yes disabling devices didn't make any difference so I leave them enabled.

hmmmm what else could I do??

THX,

Knut Kujat.