[coreboot] fam10/newconfig on supermicro h8dme - early hang

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Dec 22 22:17:10 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:38:46AM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> I would check the early startup code for the remote nodes.  It looks like
> you hang right where it gets garbled for Knut.

Hmm, yeah. So I tried enabling just one core by setting

default CONFIG_MAX_PHYSICAL_CPUS=1
default CONFIG_MAX_CPUS=1 * CONFIG_MAX_PHYSICAL_CPUS
default CONFIG_LOGICAL_CPUS=1

and by adding a return at the very beginning of start_other_cores in

  cpu/amd/quadcore/quadcore.c

which gets me a bit further, but not much. It hangs in the
mcp55_early_pcie_setup function in

  southbridge/nvidia/mcp55/mcp55_early_setup_car.c

Log attached. Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator