[coreboot] fam10/newconfig on supermicro h8dme - early hang

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Dec 23 21:43:57 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 04:11:06PM -0700, Myles Watson wrote:
> This is broken, but I'm not sure if it's the dump or the register value.  It
> shouldn't affect the IO, though.  That register looked fine.  It seems like
> IO is broken for you not to be able to start the other processors or
> complete the mcp55 init.
>
> You could print out PCI_DEV(0,0x18,0) @ 0x6C to make sure that the lower
> bits are what you expect.  The ones I'd look at are the default link (bits
> 11,3,2), disable routing bit (bit 0).
>
> The default link should be 2.  The disable routing bit can tell you if it's
> important that the routing registers are messed up.

Hrm. If I'm reading that right with this code

  u32 xxx = pci_read_config32(PCI_DEV(0, 0x18, 0), 0x6c);
  printk_debug("0x%04x\n",xxx);

then what comes out does not look very good:

  0xf870

which is

  1111100001110000

So the default link is 0, and the Routing Table Disable bit is set to zero.

You mentioned bit 11 - that seems to be marked as 'reserved' in the BKDG for
fam10?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator