[coreboot] Coreboot BSD-style Open Source licence (was: Re: Coreboot or UEFI, who will be the winner.)

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 24 01:43:09 CET 2009

On 24.12.2009 00:56, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
> My question is fairly simple : Would people from the coreboot project agree to release the source code under a BSD-style Open Source licence instead of the GPL ?

Sorry, I don't see a way of that happening. Some of the code is derived
from the GPLv2 Linux kernel, and I don't think you can convince the
Linux kernel people to change the license to BSD.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."