[coreboot] support for S-1156 ASUS Maximus III Formula (was: Coreboot Support for MSI Board MS-6702E)

David Houston root at crankyadmin.net
Mon Dec 28 10:29:35 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

I think your missing the point of some of the other list posts that
have been replied to you. A lot of what coreboot is about is
motivation to solve and find information out yourself.

> What chipsets and devices does it have?

I found this information on Google within 30 seconds of a search.
Porting coreboot to a unsupported board is no easy task, and the main
developers are busy working on other things (within coreboot) rather
than porting boards. People here and in IRC are always willing to
help, but it takes a little on your part as well.

I think that what has already been suggested to you is why not pick a
new board from the supported boards on coreboot.org or a cheaper
option would be try coreboot out in qemu, many of us here use qemu and
it is by no means a second rate product.

Apologies for the lecture

Dave
root at crankyadmin.net
cranky at archlinux.us