[coreboot] Problems porting H8dmr_fam10 to H8qme-2+

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Mon Dec 28 11:26:16 CET 2009

Myles Watson escribió:
>>> Scan for VGA option rom
>>> Got ps2 nak (status=51); continuing
>>> ps2_recvbyte timeout
>>>
>>> I can't see your VGA ROM getting run anywhere.  Did I just miss it?
>>>
>> Nop, not working anywhere seems like Seabios doesn't find any vga rom.
>>
> You could try a more verbose setting for SeaBIOS and send the output to
> Kevin.  I'm surprised it doesn't just work.
>

>> So I tried setting up CONFIG_SB_HT_CHAIN_ON_BUS0 to different values, no
>> luck!
>>
> Yeah.  It doesn't seem like an enumeration problem.  The device tree seems
> like it's getting set up pretty well.
>

>>> You could try having Coreboot run it with vm86 and with
>>> CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA set to see if that works.  I'm wondering why
>>> SeaBIOS isn't finding it.
>>>

>> CONFIG_CONSOLE_VGA was already set to 1. How do I run coreboot with vm86?
>>
> CONFIG_VGA_ROM_RUN =1
> In Kconfig there's a VM86 option, but I don't see it in newconfig.
>

>> At least now at linux boot up my NICs are found but trying to initialize
>> they got to a "Unable to allocate interrupt" :( I attach my latest log.
>>
> Did you change the mptable and irqtables to match the factory assignments?

I thought they got set up by code and I don't have to touch anything. Am
I wrong? If so what and where do I have to do changes since mptable.c
and irq_table.c is all code.

I attached a log with seabios set up on debug level 6, is this the
highest one? because 7 and 8 made compilation fail.

THX,
Knut Kujat