[coreboot] VIA pc2500e for a start ?

bari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Feb 4 18:59:24 CET 2009

Bandan Das wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have been playing around with coreboot on qemu for a while. I am on
> the lookout for a cheap development board to try coreboot on some real
> hardware and stumbled upon the VIA pc2500e mainboard
> (http://www.via.com.tw/en/initiatives/empowered/pc2500_mainboard/index.jsp).
>
> It has initial support with coreboot -v2 and I can find some cheap ones
> for sale on ebay. Is this a good board to start hacking with ?

Yes, it's already supported in V2.

ebay is a good source for other older boards supported in V2.

> Can someone suggest some other sources to check out evaluation boards ?

The VIA VB7001 (very similar to Epia-LN and close to CN) is ~$100.

In the US : http://www.idotpc.com/thestore/pc/viewContent.asp?idpage=1
http://www.logicsupply.com/

> I also saw clubit.com mentioned in a lot of posts, but that site seems to
> exist no more.

Yes, I don't think they stock them anymore. I don't know where you are
located.  The pc2500e is still being produced in Brazil. You might find
some distributors there. Everex also sells a system using a pc2500
version board.

-Bari