[coreboot] [v3] r1129 makes bootblock too big

Ronald Hoogenboom ronald at zonnet.nl
Sat Feb 14 13:58:50 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 16:37 -0800, ron minnich wrote:
> OK, I am very impressed that you are trying this, since I have not
> gotten that far yet -- I had to do some other work and that was that.
>
> Did v3 work at all on your real hardware?
>
> We may need to do some refactoring. I did a first pass. the K8 has
> always had a way of breaking whatever we are doing and this time
> around is no exception.
>
> ron
I was having trouble with v2 running the VGA rom using the emu86: It
didn't initialize the display at all. Some suggestions were made to try
vm86 instead, like on the epia-m. But I never managed to get that to
fly. The vm86 is a standard alternative on v3, and the m57sli has been a
WIP-supported board for some time now, so I thought I'd give it a try.

No, I never got v3 code to work on the hardware yet.

Unfortunately the lack of acpi is both in v2 and v3...

Ronald.