[coreboot] RFC: a "forge" for our various subprojects

Patrick Georgi patrick.georgi at coresystems.de
Wed Feb 25 17:13:46 CET 2009

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:44:54 -0700, "Myles Watson" <mylesgw at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I would vote to have flashrom show up on the list of projects.
The problem with this, just as with libpayload, is that they're part of the
coreboot-v2 repository.
Indefero wants a 1:1 mapping between project and repository (and I'd also
prefer it, for clarity).

I think the many-projects-in-a-single-repo thing is somewhat "historical".
Recently, projects simply
got their own repository, but we used to stuff everything into the main
repo.

I see three possible solutions:
- Split out the projects into separate repositories (and probably use
svn:externals for help with transition)
- Extend indefero so it can use partial svn repositories for projects
(ideally, an upstream feature)
- Don't use indefero (or other tools that don't support this layout).

Regards,
Patrick