[coreboot] etherboot problem..

jmcdowell at issisolutions.com jmcdowell at issisolutions.com
Fri Feb 27 23:45:26 CET 2009

  Just an update / search for more clues..

 I copied over a 2.4 .config file this time, and did a make oldconfig and
with your console commands added to the append statement.  I did finally
get some different output.  See the tail end of the output below. ( I
have attached the entire log file )

Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 2.88M AMI BIOS, fd1 is unknown type 12 (usb?)
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
brd: module loaded
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver
piix 0000:00:1f.1: IDE controller (0x8086:0x248b rev 0x02)
pci 0000:00:1f.1: found PCI INT A -> IRQ 5
piix 0000:00:1f.1: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0x3c40-0x3c47
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0x3c48-0x3c4f
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
ide-gd driver 1.18
PNP: No PS/2 controller found. Probing ports directly.
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
EISA: Probing bus 0 at eisa.0
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
turn off boot console earlyser0

  If I take out the printk command, I will see no output..  So with this,
does this give anyone any clues?

  Thanx,
Joshua