[coreboot] v3 Tyan s2892

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 00:25:05 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Myles Watson wrote:
>> This patch adds initial support for mainboard/tyan/s2892.  It
>> compiles, but is untested in hardware.
>
> I think this needs a little polishing.

Thanks for the help.  I'll resubmit tomorrow.  I've got a few questions inlined.

>> +++ svn/mainboard/tyan/s2892/mainboard.c
> ..
>> +struct device_operations s2892 = {
>> +     .id = {.type = DEVICE_ID_PCI,
>> +             {.pci = {.vendor = PCI_VENDOR_ID_TYAN,
>> +                      .device = 0x2892}}},
>> +     .constructor = default_device_constructor,
>> +};
>
> Why is this needed? The board itself isn't a PCI device. It can
> certainly have a subsystem it belonging to it, but that was already
> specified in the dts so must not be needed to duplicate here.

The board gets enumerated as a device in the tree, and I find it
helpful to have it show up with a type, vendor, and device ID instead
of Unknown Device.  Do you think we should create a new type for
mainboards?

I appreciate the reviews.

Thanks,
Myles