[coreboot] We boot Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (build 7000)

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Jan 11 16:12:43 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that SeaBIOS and Coreboot can boot (and install) Windows
7 build 7000, which was released as public beta yesterday.

There is also some video taken by mine Cannon G7 camera.

http://media.avc-cvut.cz/avc_vlastni_tvorba/2009/ruik/w7-coreboot/

Test platform: Asus M2V-MX SE, 512MB RAM, AMD Sempron on 2GHz.

Moreover I was able to boot/install there Windows Vista (Bussines, 64bit) and
Windows XP.

Most patches are in, there is just one missing which I indicated in the previous
email, http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-December/043493.html

Kevin, can we sort this out?

Rudolf