[coreboot] flashrom: does write support really work for AMD-768 ?

Pierre Bogossian bogossian at mail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:31:59 CET 2009

Hi,

yesterday, I tried to flash a Pm49FL002 chip on my A7M266-D using
flashrom (compiled from the latest snapshot).
This motherboard has an AMD-768 Southbridge.
Flashrom didn't report any problem during the writing.
But then, when I read the content of the flash chip, it appeared
that it was identical to its original content.
Nothing was actually written.
I also tried to erase the chip, and flashrom immediately reported
an error during the verification.
So it really looks like the chip is read-only, something must be
missing in the code to enable writing.

Pierre

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!