[coreboot] SVN Coreboot-v3 with SVN OpenBIOS payload panics on boot with qemu

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 05:26:32 CET 2009

It definitely narrows it down.  I'll have to look more closely at the IO
space allocation differences between v2 and v3.

I may have changed the IO allocation from 0x400 to 0x1000 in qemu.  In v3 I
wanted them to all start at the same place.  In v2 it was dependent on the
board.

It looks like OpenBIOS is allocating address space for the devices and
didn't want to allocate in the legacy PCI range.  I just don't see why that
breaks anything unless they're running out of space somehow.  I wonder what
arch->io_base is before they add 0x400 to it.

Have you also asked about this change on the OpenBIOS list?

Thanks,
Myles