[coreboot] coreboot on Asus G1 ... Possible ?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Jul 2 21:38:38 CEST 2009

Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
>> you need another debug output method..
>
> The G1 does not have any serial port :/
> (and havent find any on the mainboard).
>
> I guess the screen output will have problems due to the integrated
> video rom...
> Is there any way to initialize video in this cases ?

I'm afraid video is useless for debugging. It is enabled as the very
last thing coreboot does. You need to be able to follow every step of
coreboot as it runs.

Are there any other usable signals on the board? One bit is enough.

If you have budget for a PromICE it can interpret sequences of reads
from the (emulated) flash chip as a debug write.

Or if you have VHDL skills and a bit of free time, you can add that
functionality to the Artec LPC dongle or your favorite FPGA devkit.

//Peter