[coreboot] Interesting device enumeration problem

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:03:20 CEST 2009

I tried to disable the onboard graphics on my s2892:

device pci 6.0 off end

But that made it probe 6.1 - 6.7.  Since the code only checks for
multifunction devices at function 0, all of those responded.  So now instead
of disabling my card, it had 7 instances of it.  I realize that the card
probably shouldn't have responded to all of those functions, but it probably
doesn't bother checking which function is addressed.

device pci 6.0 off end
device pci 6.1 off end
device pci 6.2 off end
device pci 6.3 off end
device pci 6.4 off end
device pci 6.5 off end
device pci 6.6 off end
device pci 6.7 off end

This worked, but it is non-obvious.  I wonder what the "right" way would be
to handle this.

Is there any time when you want to disable function 0 but still have all the
other functions enabled/probed?

Thanks,
Myles