[coreboot] Problem jumping to Boot Loader

Jeffrey C. Jacobs jacobs at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Jul 28 14:23:45 CEST 2009

Thanks for the advice, Patrick.

So, I also have the source for GRUB 2, revision 2202 (10 May 2009) that
I've compiled with the CoreBoot option and further linked with a bunch
of the GRUB modules to create a payload.elf package.  This, I linked to
my LinuxBIOS build and it booted fine.  However, when I try it with
CoreBoot, I can't seem to jump to the boot loader at all; it dies right
after the line stating the setting for adjusted_boot_notes:
http://coreboot.pastebin.com/f15277438

I would update my GRUB checkout but every time I try to, I get "svn:
Server sent unexpected return value (502 Bad Gateway) in response to
OPTIONS request for 'http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/grub/trunk'" and
even in verbose mode I can't figure that one out.  But since we're
talking GRUB 2 and a version within the last 3 months, I think it should
be compatible with HIMEM.  So why, when I try it with LinuxBIOS, GRUB is
able to load, but when I do with CoreBoot, it fails to jump to the boot
loader?

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey.