[coreboot] Original bios as payload

Ivan Barrera A. info at Ivn.cl
Wed Jul 29 16:07:08 CEST 2009

Patrick Georgi escribió:
> Ivan Barrera A. schrieb:
>>   Is it possible ? Or, do you have any other sugestions to keep trying ?
> SerialICE might be an option:
> http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot-announce/2009-June/000002.html
>
> That way, the chip only has to be flashed once (at least until serialice
> works enough, but that's a much smaller problem to solve than getting
> coreboot to run), and then you can run coreboot or the vendor's BIOS
> from your host system, and even look at what they do.
>
> Downside: it requires a serial port (though adding EHCI debug port
> support or something like that should be feasible - but "adding"
> requires some effort).

Aha...
I did read about SerialICE, but didnt get anywhere because the laptop
doesnt have serial ports. (and havent found one on the board, tho
dmidecode names one)
I'll get some flash chips and keep looking.

Area the minipci/minipcie diagnostic cards useful with coreboot/seabios ?

PS : Perhaps the vgarom doesnt work well because it is a PCIe card.