[coreboot] Dual flash chip mod

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jul 29 17:16:23 CEST 2009

Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
>> Ok. If there is physical room for another chip inside the machine you
>> can just connect all important signals across (maybe 10 or so), build
>> a simple transistor switching circuit for the chip select line and
>> finally run only three wires out of the machine. They can be as long
>> as you like.
>
> I think there is room at a side of the plcc socket i put. How long
> could those wires be ?

A few cm should be fine but keep them as short as possible.

You need pins 2 (7 8) (9 10 11 12) 13 14 15 16 17 24 25 28 29 31 32

Hm, that's 12 but some are the same signal. The ID pins and MODE can
probably be tied to either VDD or VSS but check their connections on
the original chip first.

>> So how would you reprogram the flash chip inside the machine?
>
> Uniflash, Asus EZFlash (using a "forced" checksum), etc...

Of course! Sorry. :\

> Or try to fix the flashrom for my board :)

That would also be nice, but the chipset could be locked down a bit
too much to make it comfortable.

//Peter