[coreboot] [RFC] newbuild branch

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:15:33 CEST 2009

> are some remaining issues with the Kontron, so it doesn't boot yet.

> QEmu
> builds and runs (but without CAR at this time, and that's deliberate to
> have a test case for a romcc-board)
I like the idea of having a test case representing each large subset of
supported boards.

> There are quite a lot of things to be done still, and many things are
> not at the right location yet (eg. many configuration options reside in
> src/Kconfig when there's a better place for them).
I think that can be refined later, but the better it is organized, the
easier it will be to port boards to the new setup.

> Should we push it to trunk now (given that it doesn't break abuild)?
> Should we define a milestone that has to be completed (eg. a given set
> of boards has to run)?

For major changes like this, I'd like to see Qemu, Serengeti-cheetah, one
Intel board, 1 AMD K8 or Fam10 board, and maybe a Geode board functional
before committing.  I think that forces some of the kinks to be worked out
earlier.

Thanks,
Myles