[coreboot] LGPL vgabios on real hardware

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Jun 2 01:56:14 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 02:22:06PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > To obtain the code and compile an option rom, run:
> >
> > git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/kevin/seabios.git
> > cd seabios
> > make out/vgabios.bin
[...]
> Please please put this in a separate repo.

The VGA code uses code from SeaBIOS to implement some of the 16bit
infrastructure.  If the vga code was moved into a new repo, this code
would have to be copied.

It's possible to move it, but I don't think it's a high priority right
now.  The VGA bios is in many ways similar to the regular bios - so I
don't think it's a total mismatch to keep them together.

-Kevin