[coreboot] [patch][v2]:fam10 microcode

Marc Jones marcj303 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 07:52:38 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Ward Vandewege<ward at gnu.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 10:39:56AM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Ward Vandewege <ward at gnu.org> wrote:

>> > A little further down in the log it seems I've got multiple cores talking at
>> > once so that's something else I'll need to figure out.
>> >

>> Yes, that stuff should be fine.
>
> s/fine/fixed/ you mean?

Not sure what I meant. It is hard to put a spinlock on the serial port
when you are XIP and CAR. So it may look bad but you can figure it out
if you need to....

>> > It does actually get all the way to CBFS, but hangs after loadking the first
>> > stage. There is also some slowness during/after ram detection.
>>
>> There is slowness around the cache disable / mem copy.. I think that
>> someone posted a fix to the list at one point. It would require some
>> searching.
>
> This one?
>
>  http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2008-October/040885.html
>
> Peter actually acked it, but it was never committed. That piece of the code
> has changed greatly in the past couple months though - the patch does not
> commit anymore.

Yes, that is it. It would be good to bring it up to date. I might have
some time next week if no one else wants to do it.

Marc

--
http://marcjonesconsulting.com