[coreboot] DSDT Extraction

Morgan Reed morgan.s.reed at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 15:47:11 CEST 2009

Hi all,

     As an aside to my earlier question, I'm currently looking at the
Advanced ACPI stuff (i.e. pulling in the DSDT from the original BIOS).

I've extracted the DSDT using the instructions from the wiki, i.e. cat
/proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt; iasl -d dsdt; iasl -tc dsdt.dsl;

Initially there are a few errors thrown by the compiler which I had to
fix. Now, when I replace coreboot-v2/src/mainboard/via/epia-m/dsdt.c
do with the DSDT from coreboot being ~1kB and the one from the dump
being ~12kB.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Oh and a side note, with regards to the DSDT stuff, I believe we can
get around the Intellectual Property issues involved in shipping a
"real" DSDT (rather than the default minimalist version) if we have
one person disassemble the DSDT from the BIOS in question, write a
spec and then give it to somebody else to implement in ASL (Chinese
walls) though I'm unsure of the practicalities/logistics involved in
doing this (That and IANAL).

Thanks,

Morgan