[coreboot] [v3] r1170 - coreboot-v3/util/x86emu

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 13:11:36 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Stefan Reinauer<stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:

> I hope we find out why this is a problem, because a combination of cli+sti
> should never cause an interrupt that would not exist without cli+sti. If we
> can't I suggest we commit this in a few days (Acked-by: Stefan Reinauer
> <stepan at coresystems.de>) since it fixes the problem.

I'm going to commit it. The reason is that we should never do an sti
unless we are prepared to take a device interrupt, and we are not. I
think it is an error to do an sti at this point. Also, just doing a
cli/sti without determining that interrupts were enabled in the first
place is also a mistake.

Thanks. Rene, this will fix your problem on qemu.

ron