[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 11 16:21:01 CEST 2009

On 11.06.2009 16:15, Morgan Reed wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 23:30, Carl-Daniel
> Hailfinger<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Ah, the common trap of MByte vs. Mbit. The chips are 4 Mbit (512 kByte),
>> so there won't be any overlap.
>>

> No, I'm well aware of the distinction (embedded hardware designer)

Neat. I didn't want to imply you didn't know about the distinction, but
I sometime confuse units when I'm very tired. Seems I'm not the only
one. ;-)

> >From my datasheet (Revision A2, dated 19/12/2002);
> ...For accessing the 4M byte BIOS storage space, the ID[2:0] pins are

Whoa. 4 M byte. Evil datasheet.

> Ergo, tie ID3 high, chip effectively disabled, same outcome as using
> the ID2 pin as you say though.

True. My idea in using ID2 was to make the old chip available a bit
lower in the address space so flashrom could access it while the other
chip is stacked on top.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--