[coreboot] Hosed ms-7032, I foolishly flashed the bios with a .700

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sun Jun 14 02:26:10 CEST 2009

On 12.06.2009 13:47, philneary at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> So if I ask for a "4mb PLCC32 LPC Flash-ROM" I should get what I'm after?

Yes, that should work. Make sure that what you get is a 4 Mbit chip, not
a 4 MByte chip.
As an alternative, you could look in a scrapyard for broken boards which
have compatible LPC chips in a socket. As a rough guideline, probably
all AMD64 capable boards should have compatible chips (except for the
most recent boards which have 8-pin SPI chips).

> [...] hot flash it with the correct bios. I'm using my friends PC to do this and it has a Foxconn P4M8907MA-KRS2H motherboard.

I'm only 90% sure about this. It has a VIA chipset as well, but to be
sure it would be nice if you could run flashrom on that board and tell
us which chip it detects.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--