[coreboot] Funny Intel observation

Florentin Demetrescu echelon at free.fr
Fri Jun 19 14:26:31 CEST 2009

Also if someone with legal background can answer, I would like to put another
question (maybe very obvious to some of you, but I send it anyway.. :-)) :
 - what is the status of "reverse engineering" in USA/EU nowadays? More
specifically, in the context of the project coreboot, can we use information
obtained reversing proprietary bioses/drivers (or even hardware.. :o)) safely or
we risk unleashing hordes of IP lawyers on us?..

Florentin

PS: I know that this is shamelessly practiced in the (big) corporate world, but
we (as "underdogs"..) can we dare?..