[coreboot] locking...

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:49:08 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Stefan Reinauer<stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> Then please go ahead and learn to read it... It's important that we
> understand what's going on before changing it.

I think I understand it but it is very much C from assembly. It can be better.

> The new code just duplicates what was there, but it adds a couple of new
> breakages. It doesn't even add any conceptional differences.

well, I partly agree. The point was to stay as much the same, but also
allow the BSP to better monitor (and control)
what was going on. I would still claim the structure of the code is a
big improvement. The v2 SMP startup is
not an easy read.

I think auto-busting a lock is a bad thing to put in. It's either a
lock or it's not. If you need to auto-bust a lock
it means your design is working on bad assumptions or is broken.

ron