[coreboot] [workaround found] locking...

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Wed Jun 24 20:45:09 CEST 2009

So, I got it to boot by setting CONFIG_AP_CODE_IN_CAR to off. That way the
APs don't stumble over one another, and the machine boots just fine.

Here's the boot log:

  http://ward.vandewege.net/coreboot/h8dme/minicom-20090624g.cap

You'll see a couple garbled lines, but I think that's just each of the APs
saying they are ready.

So, conclusion: commit 4315 broke K8 when CONFIG_AP_CODE_IN_CAR is enabled.

Patrick, do you know why that would be?

Also, what is the benefit, if any, of having CONFIG_AP_CODE_IN_CAR enabled?

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege <ward at fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation - Senior Systems Administrator