[coreboot] which mainboard is the best reference for s3

Harald Gutmann harald.gutmann at gmx.net
Thu Jun 25 17:19:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009 05:58:40 JasonZhao at viatech.com.cn wrote:
> Hi Rudolf	,
> I want to update my vx855 code using the newest version of coreboot-v2,
> to take advantage of new functions(such as smi,AML-auto-generator) that
> appear on coreboot in the last months.
>
> And, since I also want to use as much of coreboot's existing code as
> possible(and to maintain a source that is not on coreboot's svn as easy
> as possible...), I wonder which mainboard is the best reference for S3
> function for now?
>
> It seems that amdk8 now has good support of S3, but I didn't found S3
> code on asus/m2v-mx_se.
I think this is the only board which has ATM S3 support on k8.
For further details I'd recommend to have a look at the patches which
introduced that features to this mainboard.
I don't have a link to that right here, but see on the ML for posts from
Rudolf Marek which did this patches. (He also added the generic resume
features to coreboot-v2.)

> Many thanks.
>
> -jasonzhao
Regards,