[coreboot] ACPI patches for Tyan s2895, s2892, s2891

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Tue Mar 10 15:00:33 CET 2009

>> If you can explain to me why the superIO changes.
> For some reason the SuperIO puts the RTC at 0x400, even though it's
> usually at 0x70.  If I put it at 0x70 the keyboard and mouse don't
> work :(  I put it at 0x90 and corrected the size so that it wouldn't
> conflict with other devices.  That makes Linux happy with it.  It
> still could be a problem for Windows not to have it at 0x70.

Well maybe the RTC chip is elsewhere too?

>> Also The SMM does nothing to
>> do with IRQ9. Get rid of SMM for now. The IRQ 9 needs to be setup for ACPI in
>> SB. Thats it (and perhaps it needed also an IRQ override).
> Sorry I must have misunderstood this again.  I thought this was why I
> keep getting : IRQ9 nobody cared messages from Linux.

What devices you think you have at IRQ9?
Maybe some spurious serial IRQ form superIO?

Generally IRQ9 is used as ACPI SCI int.
Just pressing the power button generates the IRQ for example. To make it work
you need:

1) Set IRQ9 in chipset as ACPI IRQ
2) Set the IRQ 9 override to level/low in MADT
3) Fill the FADT sci int to 9

I think you have 2) 3) I failed to find 1) Please check. Also
cat/proc/interrupts should state:

   7:          0          0   IO-APIC-edge      parport0
   8:          1          0   IO-APIC-edge      rtc0
   9:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   acpi
  16:    1645904          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb1, ahci, nvidia
  17:          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb2, ide0, ide1

The IRQ9 should be level/low - APIC-fasteoi

Please post /proc/interrupts

Thanks,
Rudolf