[coreboot] Lemote Yeeloong

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 19:52:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Jason Self <jason.self at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a fully free software laptop with free software BIOS,  firmware,
>  driver,  kernel,  software,  operating system. It is called Lemote
> Yeeloong. You can see it here:
>
> http://www.lemote.com/english/yeeloong.html
>
> More pics here: http://www.sorbaioli.org/photos/lemote_yeeloong/
>
> and buy it here:
> www.tekmote.nl
>
> The gNewSenseToMips group just ported gNewSense to the mipsel architecture
> to make it run on the Yeeloong. A forum member posted the output of lspci
> here:
> http://www.lemote.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=19271&extra=page%3D1
>
> Has anyone used this? Could this be a good candidate for coreboot?
>
> --

Neat laptop. I'd say Coreboot probably isn't the right choice, however,
since Coreboot is mostly targeted at x86/x86-64 these days. I wasn't able to
find where to download the firmware for this laptop, but it likely uses
U-Boot, which is a great free firmware core.

With or without Coreboot, it's definitely nice to see more FOSS friendly
laptops out there!