[coreboot] r4233/4234 broke h8dme (serial corruption + hang)

Patrick Georgi patrick at georgi-clan.de
Sun May 3 09:42:52 CEST 2009

Am 03.05.2009 02:40, schrieb Ward Vandewege:
> On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 04:38:12PM -0700, ron minnich wrote:

>>> It's definitely an SMP machine, two dual-core CPUs.
>> So can you see what changed in the k8 north/cpu support since the last
>> time it worked?
>
> Sure. The last time it worked is r4232, I had to bisect to find the commit
> causing the problem. r4233/4234 are one changeset.
>
> src/northbridge/amd is unchanged by this changeset.
>
> The diff for src/cpu/amd is attached.
The various copies of "copy_and_run" were merged into
src/arch/i386/lib/copy_and_run.c.
I tweaked the coreboot_apc generation a bit, by adding the serial driver
and console output code. It worked on a fam10 board here, so I didn't
think it to cause much trouble - seems like it does.

The interleaved messages are

(by the BSP)
malloc Enter, size 1100, free_mem_ptr 00148000
malloc 00148000
CPU APIC: 01

(by the AP)
image length = 00002a6c
Jumping to image.

That's definitely a different image used for the AP than the one for the
BSP (see image length some lines earlier)

Patrick