[coreboot] HP DL145G3 - BuildBot

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Tue May 12 23:45:37 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Myles Watson <mylesgw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think you may still be able to get this part working without FILO,
>> but I am not sure how. The HT1000 SATA is not AHCI, so support for
>> AHCI won't actually help. The controller has normal PATA emulation
>> mode, as well as its own "QDMA" SATA mode (in lieu of AHCI).
>
> Are you saying that FILO shouldn't be working, or that SeaBIOS should
> be working?

What Peter said, it seems like SeaBIOS could work, with some more
effort. There is some sort of combination of controller mode or
settings that should make it work, on our HT1000 platform, with
non-coreboot BIOS, we can boot all OSes in HT1000 "PATA" mode.

> The controller seems to be in SATA mode and works with FILO.

That sort of sounded non-ideal from the original mail, but if it is no
problem, then there doesn't need to be more effort.