[coreboot] jarrell_rom_jumper.c ( I think I found it )

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu May 21 21:15:51 CEST 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:44:43 -0400, Joseph Smith <joe at settoplinux.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 2009 20:41:24 +0200, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>> Joshua McDowell wrote:
>>> Forcing the use of "SST49LF160C" as the prom dumps the bios
>>> perfectly every time, even before the use of the newly discovered
>>> source code.
>>
>> Unfortunately that doesn't mean very much.
>>
>> A forced read disregards everything needed for writing or erasing a
>> chip and only tries desperately to read the contents. It's only some
>> minimal functionality that doesn't help us for write or erase.
>>
>> Maybe you can try playing with the rom_jumper source a bit. Try to
>> get it where it says that the jumper value is 1-2 instead?
>>
>> Maybe there is even a hardware jumper on the board? Can you check?
>>

> Sounds like you may have to get out the meter and do some physical
> tracing...

Well, for what it is worth, most Intel boards have at least four devices
with GPIO's. Nothbridge (mostly used for grahpics), Southbridge, SuperIO,
and the FWH even has GP lines. So if you don't have the schematics your
best bet is to trace the unlock pin from the FWH and see where it goes.
Hope that helps.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org