[coreboot] [Patch] Flashrom: Add nforce2 chipset enable.

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue May 26 10:17:39 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:19:56AM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> Cool, thanks for testing, i guess we can change NT to OK in the
> chipset_enable.

Yes.

> About the "Bad board" list. A bad board is not like lepracy from before
> medicine advanced enough. When a board is added, it is not banished to
> some forsaken island to rot for the rest of its life. It is added to the

Sure.

> known bad list in part to warn users and in part to spur developers on
> to do something about it. So we need to require an email address before
> adding a board to this list.

It shouldn't be strictly required, though it's definately recommended, yes.

For instance, I've seen flashrom logs (-r, -wv, -E, etc) together with
their output on some blogs, wikis, mailing lists etc. which are
sometimes enough to tell if the board is working OK or not (e.g. requires
chipset-enable or board-enable). For these external "scraped" pages we
might not be able to find an email address, but it's still useful to
add such a tested non-working board to our list until some user shows
up in IRC/ML and helps us supporting the board.

But yes, in general, we should record who tested a certain board as
OK/BAD, if possible with email address.

> I think the only reasonable thing to do is to:
> * mark the a7n8x deluxe as tested ok.
> * remove the a7n8x-e deluxe from the known bad list, but not add it as
> tested ok.

That's fine, yes. Removing it from the BAD list is ok, but we should not
add it to the OK list, indeed.

Please feel free to commit.

Uwe.