[coreboot] what should CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE be in "CPU/1HT device" mode?

Myles Watson mylesgw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:02:09 CET 2009

> Hi, Myles,
> About the HT code, I have a question.
>
> I am debugging my board, which is Fam10+RS780+SB700. The CPU and RS780 are
> the two HT node.
Aren't there three?  How is the SB700 connected to the RS780?

> It seems like the RS690/SB600 board.
The RS690/SB600 board has three.

> In early_ht.c, the
> comment in enumertate_ht_chain() says,
> #if CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE != 0
> /* CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE could be 0 (only one ht device in the ht
> chain),
> if so, don't need to go through the chain  */
>
> I am wondering if the CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE is 0 in my case. If not,
> why in the supported RS690/SB600 board, the CONFIG_HT_CHAIN_UNITID_BASE is
> 0.
Good question.  How does it end up being enumerated?

Does the lspci end up how you would expect/like on your board?

Part of the confusing part to me is that there are three enumerations that
can happen:

early_ht.c: Just enumerate the southbridge chain in case that's needed for
serial initialization or ROM access.

incoherent_ht.c: Enumerate all chains so that they can be optimized before
the first reset.

hypertransport.c: Enumerate the chains according to the device tree.

Thanks,
Myles