[coreboot] patch: remove embeddedplanet

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:23:33 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> Uwe Hermann wrote:
>> "We drop all PowerPC boards as u-boot is much better-suited for
>> them, and coreboot concentrates on x86 support", IMHO.
>
> I don't know about that.. It sounds like we're doing so on purpose,
> or in an excluding fashion, but really PC is just what we happen to
> be working on. coreboot could definately work also on other machines
> with dynamic busses, but there is less motivation since they don't
> have the same firmware situation.

I think the statement is a bit strong as well. The person who did the
coreboot port did so because he felt coreboot+openbios was a better
setup. He even demo'ed the whole thing at usenix one year, booting to
linux.

But PPC has been ignored since that person left, so it seems not worth
the effort.

ron