[coreboot] unstable AMD Fam10h boot

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Fri Sep 4 19:07:54 CEST 2009

> Isn't there a way to do MMCONF cycles from the NB?

No, I think only newer fam10h cpus can do that.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/12/21/134

So, the K8 internal devices are not accessible with the mmconf aperture which is
NB dependent anyway. That post says that it may work for newer fam10h cpus. I
think this is related: F1x[EC:E0] Configuration Map Registers and
DisCohLdtCfg: disable coherent link configuration accesses.

I think linux has some test which test what devices can be accessed through
type1 and what it sees on mmconf.

http://www.x86-64.org/pipermail/discuss/2005-December/007371.html

I think the only proper way is to do type1 and maybe some locking is necessary.
Rudolf