[coreboot] SMP Linux on QEMU

Jen-Cheng(Tommy) Huang tommy24 at gatech.edu
Sat Sep 12 01:10:50 CEST 2009

Thanks for the response.
No, I didn't modify it.The qemu version is 0.10.5.
coreboot version is the latest one.
And I used the method mentioned in
http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial
<http://www.coreboot.org/QEMU_Build_Tutorial>I can build successfully. But
the resulting bios still crashed.
But I think even in v2, I still can't see multiple cpus in OS.
Since "-smp n" is only recognized by qemu, coreboot won't generate
corresponding MP table.
So Linux won't be able to see multiple cpus.
I am still trying how to make linux see multiple cpus if I use FILO.
Any information is appreciated.
Thanks.

Regards,
Tommy