[coreboot] Supermicro X7SLA-H supported? (Intel 945GC + ICH7R)

Sander coreboot at humilis.net
Wed Sep 16 13:34:34 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm planning on building an adsl2+ server with a Traverse Solos PCI
ADSL2+ card[1] on a Supermicro X7SLA-H motherboard[2].

The chipsets of the X7SLA-H are Intel 945GC + ICH7R which are listed as
WIP on "Devices supported in coreboot v3"[3]

What are the changes of getting Coreboot v3 to work on this motherboard?

What makes v3 'alpha'? I can't seem to figure it out from reading the
wiki.

I consider myself an experienced Linux user but I have no hardware tools
for flash or debug. Would I be able to play with Coreboot and be of any
use to the community?

Btw, I am open for any suggestions regarding a better motherboard with
possible (future) Coreboot support. I'm looking for a small size,
relative low power, two core, 64bit system with a pci slot for the Solos
card. I've read the 'Supported Motherboard' section but it was last
modified at 6 July 2009 so that might be outdated.

	Sander

[1] http://www.traverse.com.au/productview.php?product_id=116
[2] http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/945/X7SLA.cfm
[3] http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Chipsets_and_Devices