[coreboot] COREBOOT for VIA EPIA P700 (from - BIOS POST codes monitoring in real time from other computer)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Sep 18 14:32:17 CEST 2009

Hi Antonio,

Antonio Expósito wrote:
> coreboot support for vx700 and vx800 (vx700 drives P700 motherboard).
> May I wait some time to see if they get results?

vx800 code is supported in coreboot since earlier this year. vx700 I
don't know - but I believe it has many similarities with cx700 which
is supported.

> Anyone can give some clues about developing state (ongoing, halted,
> abandoned,)

Noone is working on the existing code as far as I know. I'm working a
little bit on explicit VX855 support, but there is a lot of
redundancy with VX800. Are you using VX855?

Links are on http://www.coreboot.org/Datasheets

> One more thing, how can I know that I am not going to do something
> that is under developing right now by someone?

Talk to us. The mailing list is a good start, you're also very
welcome to join the IRC channel #coreboot on irc.freenode.net.

> The supported motherboard list is up to date and people use to
> report their ongoing work or ideas?

No, that page is unfortunately not a great progress tracker.

//Peter