[coreboot] GPIOs on CS5536 based boards

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:25:21 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de> wrote:
> Could you outline which steps would need to be taken in order to find
> out the correct address to use? Any maybe a way to sany detect the
> precence of that function on the board? I might go ahead and send a
> patch for the driver then.

Not really an outline; it is just one MSR read. Take a look at the
GPIO kernel driver:

http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v2.6.31/drivers/char/cs5535_gpio.c#L188

Also, to correct the 0xF0000 scan ickiness, the proper way to detect a
board revision is usually done by reading a PCI subvendor/subdevice ID
too. I don't know if alix's non-coreboot BIOS does that properly.