[coreboot] Enquries on how to map the bios chip into address space

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Sep 26 17:54:16 CEST 2009

Hi Stanne,

mtech se13b wrote:
> However, my bios chip is actually 4MB in size, can someone advice
> how do i go about accessing the other 2MB of the bios chip

I think you have to find the correct decode settings for the north-
and southbridge, so that accesses to the top 4MB are decoded to the
flash chip. You need documentation. Maybe the 945 code in coreboot
implements some of this, maybe inteltool can help, but there's no
guarantee that the decode registers are the same in your chipset.

//Peter