[coreboot] password

Joseph Smith joe at settoplinux.org
Thu Apr 8 22:03:17 CEST 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:45:34 +0000, ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a lenovo x300 somebody set the password on and ... as you guess,
> forgot.
>
> So, question: anyone have any idea how deep into the machine the
> password is kept no new machines? Deep in TPM?
>
> in other words, were flashrom to work on this box, can the password be
> reset?

I had an IBM Laptop that I had gotten used and it was password protected by
the bios.
I had found from googling around that there is a seperate EC on the board
that held the password.
By shorting 2 pins on the EC and powering it on, cleared it and I was able
to use it. Hope that helps.

Joseph Smith
Set-Top-Linux
www.settoplinux.org